Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Male Role Model


Am Dad’s girl and he is my first male role model. I hardly remember my LKG days, I used to cry a lot to go to school, he struggled almost a year to send me school. I received a strong slap from my dad when I was in my 5th class for not paying attention to his grammar lessons. Once I met with a minor accident riding ma bicycle, the people around are telling the scooterist whom I dashed that it is not his mistake he can go but he did not instead he walked towards me to help, He is my dad…..ha ha…My mom used to ask me after every exam about my expectations but my dad never asked me as he used to assess me based on my work before and my face after. He used to create and settle our small and silly quarrels between me and Ramya (my sis).He used to work on my debates, elocution, essay writings & science projects. He supported me and guided me when am growing, when he asked my interest in getting engaged to Srinu (my hubby) I was so shocked and did not answer him. He understood my smiles.

Oopsy!!! I can write pages about our moments….simply He guides me towards rewarding and healthy life. He understands and supports me well. He respects me.

The Aakasamantha Telugu movie inspired me to write, the below song is well pictured to show dads and daughters…….

I got the summary of this film in brief from Joe Kelly's book "Dads & Daughters"::“Perhaps every father should be issued a football mouth guard when his daughter is born, since he's liable to spend the next few decades biting his tongue.”

Dad, as a daughter I might have given you many shocks!!!!
I love you.Even though we are miles apart am with you alwayzzzzzzzzz.

4 comments:

  1. Very touching one Akka, my eyes are filled with tears while reading and soon they rolled down at the click of the play button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Timing...
    "Nannate Neelakasam... "
    They have built in Shock Absorbers to prevent our shocks.. :)
    Nice one... :) Touchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one and the way you draft the msg was excellent.

    ReplyDelete